yes and no....i have medical experience but not as a NREMT

skills82

Forum Crew Member
A lot of IFT companies are hiring like:
Tri State EMS
Trinity EMS
Carefirst EMS
First Response EMS

Some hospitals are also hiring for Patient Care Attendant and Nursing support.

Hope that helps out some.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
To be frank, I wouldn't go to any of those agencies unless you NEEDED a job NOW.

Stick with the bigger names like MedStar, CareFlite, and AMR, and also try MedicOne and LoneStar. The first 3 are 911 with IFT, while the last two are just IFT.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
But you are band from MedStar and Careflite until I can get on with one of them. HAHA.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
But you are band from MedStar and Careflite until I can get on with one of them. HAHA.

Says who? They can/have/will hire brand new EMTs.

Are they competitive? Heck yeah... tends to happen with decent pay and good protocols.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
No I'm just trying to get into one of them. I am banding him like you have band someone from applying to a job that you were trying for. :D

skills82

Forum Crew Member
I think he means "banned"

Yea, I didn't read it before I submitted it. That's funny I said band but meant to type banned.

OP
OP
M

Maverick09125

Forum Ride Along
i would love to get on with careflight or amr in arlington....does anybody have any connections that could help me out. i need a job bad...i appreciate all the help

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
i would love to get on with careflight or amr in arlington....does anybody have any connections that could help me out. i need a job bad...i appreciate all the help

From everything I was told this summer when looking for a job in TX, to get on w/ AMR Arlington, you basically have to transfer in from AMR DFW once you get enough seniority. It's pretty hard to get on with them.