Locatng NREMT Practical

Wolves

Forum Probie
Hey everyone, this looks like an excellent forum and I'm glad to join you all!

I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a question about the NREMT practicals. I tested in CT but am currently located in MA, which of course doesn't recognise the NREMT and therefore doesn't offer testing. I took the practical before I came here, but recently found out that I did not pass two of the stations-- medical and trauma assessment, the two that I've had the most trouble with. So I need to head back to CT to retake those two, but I'm having trouble finding a location. The NREMT website has an exam locator, but it says it's only for advanced level testing, and atm nothing's showing up in CT anyway. Is there somewhere else I need to go to find a test, or do I just have to wait until one shows up there? Thanks for your help!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Try using the advanced search feature on the NREMT website and contact the sites to see if they do EMT testing. There are a few in NH and 1 in RI listed.

OP
OP
Wolves

Wolves

Forum Probie
Try using the advanced search feature on the NREMT website and contact the sites to see if they do EMT testing. There are a few in NH and 1 in RI listed.

Alright, thanks! I'll look for ones that I can get to, and I'll talk to them. I honestly thought that there were NREMT practicals more often, but I guess not... thanks though!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Alright, thanks! I'll look for ones that I can get to, and I'll talk to them. I honestly thought that there were NREMT practicals more often, but I guess not... thanks though!

At the basic level I think your instructors can run you through. At the higher levels you have to be a registered testing center. So there would not be a need to have basic locations listed.