Local/Community EMS Benefits

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Around my parts I know of a couple gas stations that give on duty 'public safety' personel free coffee and fountain sodas, but nothing more beyond that. Every once in awhile I'll run into a retired police office/ems/firefighter who will give me a discount with the managers approval. I've never asked for it, nor would I. Sometimes I don't even realize I've been given one.

I've had one partner ask for the discount/coffee and a student riding with us ask, found it incredibly rude.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Originally Posted by Ridryder911
Wow! You can tell the difference in geography.

R/r 9111
wow! you can really be sarcastic.:rolleyes:

Nothing at all sarcastic about that!

In one geographical area EMT-Ps make $25/hr while RNs make $19/hr.

Another area, EMT-Ps for a large city make $75k/yr while their neighbors make $100k+/yr and RNs make $125k/yr.

Florida State Patrol officers make squat compared to some city LEOs. COs make even less than squat in Florida and throughout the South while COs in California start at $75K + many paid expenses. The cost of living in parts of Florida can be even more expensive than California.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
You know Vent, they say ignorance can blessed, but I am learning to disagree...

Apparently some are so wrapped among their small amount of exposure and experience..

R/r 911

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
I don't know if this counts as a local "perk" but since the EMS service I'm about to start work for is technically a branch of the university, they pay for our on-campus housing if we put in 90 hours a month, and let us register for classes early with all the athletes.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
there is a military surplus place i go to that gives you 10% off if you are EMS