Lies To Ride Ambulance Bring 15 Month Term

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Lies To Ride Ambulance Bring 15 Month Term

The man who simply told Cincinnati fire officials he was a medical student so he could go with paramedics on ambulance runs was sentenced to 15 months in prison Monday.

Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Steve Martin sentenced John Holliman, 20, of Columbus - but first quizzed him on how he was able to fool firefighters.

"I called them and talked to a lieutenant who allowed me to come down and ride along," said Holliman, who had been convicted on one charge each of practicing medicine without a certificate and disrupting public service.

READ THE REST HERE

OP
OP
MariaCatEMT

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I apologize for the double post, I had no intention of duplicating information. The first time I attempted to post this news story I got an error message and was instructed to go back and re-enter the information, so I did, somehow resulting in duplicate posts. Sorry about that!

--Maria

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I would bet the powers that be are frantically typing an SOP to deal with this incident...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I removed the other posting for you.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Feb 11 2005, 10:30 AM
I would bet the powers that be are frantically typing an SOP to deal with this incident...
It seems like this guy never touched a patient, and was only along as an observer.

I would like to know if this guy actually attempted to tell the medics what to do.

And WHY he needed to show a MD cert to ride with them in the first place. Here, any Schmo can wander in and either join or do a ride-along.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
They don't here because of liability. I tried to get some ride time during this slow semester to keep up on my skills, but they said no, either I had to work for them or be an EMS student while covered under the insurance.