license

NewEMT2011

Forum Ride Along
does anyone know how long it takes to get ur llicense in the mail after you send out for it?

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
what license? are you talking about the card they send after you pass reg'?
that took me about a week to get,
my state license they issued immediately

JPINFV

Gadfly
To clarify something, the National Registry does not issues licenses.

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
yeah, here in kansas, i got my NREMT certificate 2 days after my test, and my state license 1 week after i took my test.

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
You have to submit forms, certificate of completion course, and possibly a background check to your state to get your "license." The NREMT is just an agency that shows you are knowledgeable to the national standards and your local state may add or substract protocols based on that.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
does anyone know how long it takes to get ur llicense in the mail after you send out for it?

Not trying to be an a-hole, but why would you spell your user title like that? That alternating caps BS is so annoying, like 12-year olds on Facebook style.

OP
OP
N

NewEMT2011

Forum Ride Along
i think you are trying to be one, or are you like that all the time? and its non of your business how i put my username.

and i was talking about the license from the state.

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
Oh lord..
I'd rather have one of the stoners in my class who graduated with me treat me than that nEwEmT kid.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
The OP asked a legit. question people, lets not get too lost here. Thanks!

Derail_1.jpg

jessicaj

Forum Probie
I'm in California... I passed the national Registry and it showed online my completion within 24 hours but it took 8 days for my certificate of recognition and my card with my new EMT-B number on it. But it takes a lot more for it to be recognized (as I am living right now).... not sure if its different in other states but physicals for DMV, background check through county, pay county and give them your certificates... a lot to do before your completion through National is relevant.

To the other guys trashing each other... that's not helpful or necessary.... the thread could have gone on adequately without the comments, I'm a little disappointed in those 'jabs'. I thought this was a judgment free way of getting advice and sharing knowledge but things like that hinder comfort levels of 'newbies' like me.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I'm in California... I passed the national Registry and it showed online my completion within 24 hours but it took 8 days for my certificate of recognition and my card with my new EMT-B number on it. But it takes a lot more for it to be recognized (as I am living right now).... not sure if its different in other states but physicals for DMV, background check through county, pay county and give them your certificates... a lot to do before your completion through National is relevant.

To the other guys trashing each other... that's not helpful or necessary.... the thread could have gone on adequately without the comments, I'm a little disappointed in those 'jabs'. I thought this was a judgment free way of getting advice and sharing knowledge but things like that hinder comfort levels of 'newbies' like me.

You also use proper English in your posts so you won't have that problem. I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have so I'll just say, think about how you present yourself to a community of professionals, many of whom are committed to moving beyond the low standards we have now and internet forum or not, written communication(PCR's, etc..) is a huge part of EMS. Text-style speech is becoming a problem in schools and with the younger generation coming up, I'm sure we'll see it crop up here too.

CaydenElizalde

Forum Probie
I just passed my National Registry and tomorrow I'm going to get my background check and fingerprinting done for the Texas Department of State Health Services so I can send in my application for a license. According to some of the medics and EMTs I did my ride outs with, Texas is a little backlogged right now, but I should be able to get a job as long as I've paid to get my Texas License and have passed all of my checks and such.

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Not trying to be an a-hole, but why would you spell your user title like that? That alternating caps BS is so annoying, like 12-year olds on Facebook style.

HA! new emt even.....too funny. im surprised theres no picture of him with his blackberry taking a picture in the mirror with his shirt up to show how awesome the abs look.

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
FYI new emt, don't get so offended. You might just get on a rig with an FTO that pushes you and you can't cry and you can't complain. This isn't the playground after school.

Also, getting your state license varies by county. For example, in Riverside County, it takes a few days to get it because they have to process it and send out for the card. In San Diego County, they can make the card right there, so you get it right away. When you go to your county EMS office, which is where you should be applying, they will tell you when you should be receiving it.

Last edited by a moderator: