Las Vegas Ambulance Rollover

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Damn that's one BIG rig that flipped! Hope nobody got hurt!

Looks like a standard Type III box on a E450 chassis, I guess you could call it big if you're used to vanbulances ;)

That's unfortunate that the patient didn't make it, my thoughts go out to her family. I hope for a speedy recovery for all the crew members involved.

This right here is exactly why I hate transporting patients code 3, the risks do not outweigh the benefits. Best part about working nights is there's no traffic so we don't have to transport code 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Crew Member
Driver of the red truck had a green light? Oops that's automatic fault to the code 3 driver if that's the case...at least in cali.

quijibo

Forum Ride Along
How can you blame the vehicle. It's an accident. No one is to blame in my opinion. If I drive Code 3 or whatever you call it I slow down to almost a crawl before I go... Look both ways.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
How can you blame the vehicle. It's an accident. No one is to blame in my opinion. If I drive Code 3 or whatever you call it I slow down to almost a crawl before I go... Look both ways.

There is always someone or something that causes a traffic collision. They don't just mysteriously happen out of nowhere. Red lights and siren asks for the right of way it does not guarentee it. If the ambulance pulled through a red light and was hit by a vehicle that had the right of way the operator of the ambulance is at fault( not saying that is what happened....just an example)

Many places have a stop and go policy for red lights and stop signs because some providers lack common sense. I do not believe it is entirely their fault though as they were taught that code 3 saves time and pts which we should know is untrue 99% of the time. /rant

Forum Crew Member
The blurb underneath the video said the red car had a green light...fault on the ambulance driver if that's true unfortunately regardless of how slow they proceeded through the intersection. That's what scares me the most with C3 driving: fault will almost always fall back on us as the emergency drivers.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I remember talking to the MW and AMR LV crews during the issac deployment about this wreck. it came out just as we were demob'ing. They were coding the patient in the back, and the patient was likely to finally die once they got to the ED and the MD pronounced them. Sucks for the Vegas guys though