L.A. County Certification

trell959

Forum Probie
Hello all, new basic here with a quick question. For anyone that has experience with the LA County EMS Agency, do you know how long it takes for your name to show up in the EMS personnel registry? I have orientation for my new job on Tuesday, but I'm still waiting on my name to be entered into the system. Seems it's taking longer than normal, I submitted my application over 3 weeks ago.

For those unfamiliar, here's the registry:

www.centralregistry.ca.gov/Verification/Search.aspx

Thank you!

OP
OP
T

trell959

Forum Probie
Have you tried calling to ask?
Many times. The front desk transfers me to the woman to who apparently does all the certifications. She must be pretty busy considering she doesn't answer the phone. I left a few voicemails and have yet to receive a call back.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Tell your employer before you start work. It's something that they need to know. Also try emailing them it sometimes would work better that way

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Or you can show up to the office in person. Dress professional, you can at least try to get an appointment to meet and discuss if nothing else.

OP
OP
T

trell959

Forum Probie
Tell your employer before you start work. It's something that they need to know. Also try emailing them it sometimes would work better that way

I will definitely try emailing them. Yeah they know, and they're pretty laid back about it. It was the recruiter who emailed me that link. She just told me to email her my cert # when it pops up in the registry.

Or you can show up to the office in person. Dress professional, you can at least try to get an appointment to meet and discuss if nothing else.

It's worth a shot. I'll get down there next week.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited: