Kuwait EMT job... any advice or information?

Tommerag

What day is it?
Oh and the Kuwait Dinar has a much higher value then the US $, its something like $3=1 Kuwaiti Dinar, so if your buying outside of a US base its very expensive.

clibb

Forum Captain
Pay for medics is about $8500 monthly. Not sure about the EMTs. GWU hasn't been doing the contract long enough to evaluate if they are any better than CHS, so can't advise you there. Kuwait is amazingly stable for the middle east. If you don't mind paying your own way home, it would be an easy summer job. You have to complete a contract to get them to pay to send you home again. They have moved folks into a better neighborhood - and no, not every neighborhood is good, where we were there before was a slum. Building was great, neighborhood wasn't. I haven't heard anything bad about the new company yet. I'd say go for it.

What is the full name of CHS?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Comprehensive Health Services out of Florida

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Government contract; inflate at will!

Met a man who has been hired by the Govt. to conduct audits of an Unnamed Military Contractor. I asked him what was the acceptable margin for error?

These words slipped out of his mouth: Three BILLION dollars!

I'm not quite sure if this is the right interpretation, but it sounds like getting your foot in the door is the first step to becoming a Made Man. But remember, Made Men have Bull's Eyes on their butts!

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
72800? Yuck

You'e got to factor in the benefits- travel stipend, education stipend, vacation time, and a contract completion bonus among others. Also, the big one for me: No responsibility!! I get free housing, someone does the cooking, cleaning, I drop off my laundry and someone does it for me, and I have no bills to pay.

Just my $.02

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
I've actually looked at that myself.

I may need to look into it deeper.

I'm thinking you may have to be NREMT registered?

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
I've actually looked at that myself.

I may need to look into it deeper.

I'm thinking you may have to be NREMT registered?

I called today. They aren't looking for medics at this time.

armedic

Forum Ride Along
just interviewed

just finished a phone interview with a recruiter today. he said he would be recommending me to the hiring agency (GWU). He was however pretty light on the details about the job. can anyone give me a little more info. i've been doing this for 8 years so i know what to expect call wise and ive been to kuwait twice already for the military so i know the area. what im looking for is daily life, station life, contract issues, job quality. things like that. one specific was he mentioned going from 48 on/off to 8 hour days. that seems like it wuold be a steep pay cut and hour cut is this true? how are they making it up? feel free to post or PM as ill be checking daily. i really appreciate any feedback. thank you.

kiwizoid

Forum Ride Along
What is the word from your co-workers?

Whats the word about their contract in sept.? Is it up and not going to be renewed or what? I have two co-workers who are going through the hiring process with that company, one just came back from FL for 4 days orientation, due to deploy in a week. I haven't paid much attention to the scuttlebutt, since I'm still in school and a long way from being qual'd. They did mention "contract negotiations" in sept, which they took as meaning possibly more $.

Could you please have them post here, especially the ones back from orientation, did you say Fl orientation.

I am begining the processs, in paper work phase,I live in Fl.

mct601

RN/NRP
Can someone point be in the direction of HOW to contact someone about this job listing? They hire basics, correct?

edit: found a link that I had overlooked earlier, so nevermind :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Can someone point be in the direction of HOW to contact someone about this job listing? They hire basics, correct?

edit: found a link that I had overlooked earlier, so nevermind :)

The red crescent only hires medics, as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwizoid

Forum Ride Along
Kuwait- EMT B wanna be denied

I just got denied a spot in Kuwait because I had a Dui over 20 years ago. GWU said I would not be able to get a visa per Kuwait government, so, dont waste your time like I did, I got all the medical and reports, at some cost and effort to be banned for something 20 years ago and 13 years of continouse soberiety, they should be so luck to have a me. Wish I would have known that up front. Good luck. I still need work.

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Yeah, they told me there are no more positions available, yet the job is still up on their website. Lame...