Kern county peeps

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah rocket medic, I actually have. But paramedic school is right around the corner for me and literally the ONLY reason im in california right now.....

So im trying to do that, Get my National registry P Card and Move out of this ****ing state. Texas is a viable option, ive heard great things on ems scope of practice there. and yeah, all those negative reviews are very truthful and all from ex employees and supervisors. but whats done is done.

Literally ALL of hall knows what kinda company it is, the only people that will work there are brand new medics / emt's who Just want ANYTHING....or else the new manager has to call in favors to his fire buddys to get help.

Also, on the 13 out of 24....The company CLAIMS that due to some unknown labor law, theyre ALLOWED to due that based on the fact that they dont have enough employees?.....Never heard of it, could be true or could not? Who knows....

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Oh, AND they just lost their medical director too!

Can an ambulance company even function without a medical director?.....Like , what exactly do they DO anyway?. why does an ems company need one?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, AND they just lost their medical director too!

Can an ambulance company even function without a medical director?.....Like , what exactly do they DO anyway?. why does an ems company need one?
The state medical director sets the state scope of practice. The county medical director establishes and enforces local protocols. An agency medical director provides the license under which the EMTs and Paramedic operate.

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
So an EMS Company lacking a medical director technically cant operate?........is that correct?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Correct. The agency is not in compliance without a medical director and legally cannot provide care.

You should look at Houston. We do some cool stuff. Field whole blood transfusions on standing orders.

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Would be terrible if county EMS got an anonymous phone call telling them they need to verify The company's Medical director....