KED Strap Order

xgpt

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I'm still going to do the "My Baby Is Hot Tonight" if I ever have to KED someone...

but I was just asking for clarification...I'm not sure why...I'm just used to asking really anal questions for testing purposes.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Yeah, I'm still going to do the "My Baby Is Hot Tonight" if I ever have to KED someone...

but I was just asking for clarification...I'm not sure why...I'm just used to asking really anal questions for testing purposes.

If you follow the on "My baby Lolita" acronym, you'll fail. While there us no specific order anymore, you now secure the torso completely before the legs.

Basically, you put all the torso straps on, lift, tighten the torso straps, THEN do the legs, then the head, then extricate to the LBB, then release the leg straps.

8jimi8

CFRN
If you follow the on "My baby Lolita" acronym, you'll fail. While there us no specific order anymore, you now secure the torso completely before the legs.

Basically, you put all the torso straps on, lift, tighten the torso straps, THEN do the legs, then the head, then extricate to the LBB, then release the leg straps.

that's what i have been practicing in my classes

Needles17

Forum Probie
ked

I have found that 99% of ems responders apply the ked improperly. The straps are not as important as position of the ked itself. Yes, my baby looks good tonight is a great way to remember it, but most keds are strapped to low on the pt. The arch of the ked should be pulled up to under the arm pits and wrapped around to the anterior so there is not a void between the head and the ked. You should never need the padding unless you have an extreme osteoporosis pt. Try it, you will be amazed. Just remember to loosen those leg straps when you lay the pt down...:eek: