FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
If ya find one whacker let me know...I've got the CDL to drive it

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Awesome pics.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
The pics are cool, lets just hope something like this doesnt happen again for a long long time...gotta give FEMA and the gulf coast a chance to recover!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
FFEMT1764 said:
The pics are cool, lets just hope something like this doesnt happen again for a long long time...gotta give FEMA and the gulf coast a chance to recover!

Yeah... when Rita came, we'd all just gotten home. I told my parents that yes, I had been willing to go back and do it again... but not quite so soon.....

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
SafetyPro said:
There's a number of pics from our DMAT deployment on our team website at DMAT CA-1's Journey to Hurricane Katrina.

Our "official" team photographer is one of the guys who drove our three trucks to Mississippi from California, which explains why there's so many pics of the trucks in the middle of the desert at the beginning. They didn't hook up with the rest of us until Day 3.

In DSCN1174, that's yours truly standing at the back of the blue Mitsubishi SUV (which was my vehicle during the deployment). That was at Camp Shelby outside Hattiesburg, MS.

In PICT1137, that's also me on the far left.

In the pic with the Navy personnel walking away from the bleachers, you can just make out a blue helmet way in the back...that's me after we landed a helo with these personnel on-board.

There's probably a couple more of me in there, but that's all I saw at first glance.

I don't know how I missed this post. Amazing pictures.

Thanks for sharing!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
FFEMT1764 said:
If ya find one whacker let me know...I've got the CDL to drive it

Actually, you don't need one...they fall just under the weight limit for requiring a CDL.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
MedicStudentJon said:
Yeah... when Rita came, we'd all just gotten home. I told my parents that yes, I had been willing to go back and do it again... but not quite so soon.....

Jon

We sent a second field team to Houston for Rita...maybe a third of that group were folks who'd been on our Katrina deployment too. So far as I've heard, its the only time we've sent two teams out so close to each other.

ImCubanB

Forum Probie
savage pics.

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
wow its crazy to think i was down in south padre island over the summer and drove down I-10 on the way home through Louisiana and now its in ruins....