Just got my emt-b! Cant get a job.

paradoqs

Forum Crew Member
Got a speeding ticket like two weeks after getting my emt-b which may make me inelligible for employment as an emt-b. Yay! And there are few jobs in my area, Boulder, CO anyway.

reaper

Working Bum
CO does not offer driving schools to keep points off license?

OP
OP
P

paradoqs

Forum Crew Member
havent seen any. But they reduced it to failure to signal since I paid early. I dont know if that helps or not

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm looking for jobs in the Denver area too. ARe you IV certified or EKG certified?

Undecided

Forum Ride Along
Got a speeding ticket like two weeks after getting my emt-b which may make me inelligible for employment as an emt-b. Yay! And there are few jobs in my area, Boulder, CO anyway.

So any driving offense at all will prevent you from getting a job?? Seems a bit harsh.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So any driving offense at all will prevent you from getting a job?? Seems a bit harsh.

Not any, but with EMTs being a dime a dozen, why bother hiring one with an infraction when there might be a handful of others who have a clean record.

Makes me glad when I get my CO DL today, the points from NM just disapear :)

Undecided

Forum Ride Along
Not any, but with EMTs being a dime a dozen, why bother hiring one with an infraction when there might be a handful of others who have a clean record.

Makes me glad when I get my CO DL today, the points from NM just disapear :)

I've got a few speeding tickets in the 16 or 17 years that I've been driving. Last one was a few years ago. Interesting issue to consider. Maybe I'll have my wife drive from now on!

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
If the points are the issue, yeah, take a defensive driving class to have them wiped out, if your state offers that. And usually there's a points deduction for safe driving over a period of time. If having an infraction is the issue, not much you can do about that.