Just got hired this morning... maybe?

Inlikeflynn

Forum Ride Along
I got a phone call this morning from an investigator at 9 metrotech in NYC. He called to tell me that I am being hired and to report to Metrotech to fill out a few documents, salary paperwork etc.

Here is my problem. He asked if there were any changes in my contact info, phone number, address, and employment history. Now I had quit a job I had at marshalls about two months ago and have never reported it to them. Big mistake on my part. So he wanted me to fax over a notarized letting stating the date I had quit, reason for quitting, what i'm doing now and why I did not inform them to begin with. He said this letter is contingent upon weather I get hired or not...

I don't want to be disqualified from getting hired due to a minor accident. I have been on civil service for two years and have been looking forward to this opportunity since I was 18. (I am 23 now) I should have notified them 2 months ago when it happned. Does anyone know if this can be a serious issue? it was only a part time job. I resigned to have more time to continue my small graphic design business. I'm not even sure how to verify my new position considering I dont work for a company and get paid by various clients.

beefaroni

Forum Probie
No big deal.. The class in now graduates monday.. I had two mva's i had forgot about and did not report.. I had to do the same thing.. I just said i forgot to include them.. It was not a big deal.. I just handed them in to my investigator asap..Congrats.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I resigned to have more time to continue my small graphic design business.
If this is what happened, I doubt there would be an issue. Tell them what happened, tell them you left in good standing (if you did), and give them the phone number to your direct manager there (call the manager ASAP to explain and let them know to be expecting a call). If it happened as you said, I don't think that would be a disqualifier for you.

OP
OP
I

Inlikeflynn

Forum Ride Along
thank you very much for the reply. Actually I wrote exactly what you said in my letter. I told them I left on good standing (which I did) and gave them contact info along with three different supervisors names. I also called and let a manager know about my situation so i'm sure she'll let the rest of the managers know about it.

I didn't have an explanation as to why I didn't notify them. Ignorance on my part. I just wrote that I was sorry for not getting the information to them sooner. Hopefully they wont make a big deal out of it.

These sorts of thing make me a little anxious considering I hear they are very strict and will get you on any sort of technicality.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sounds good. They are strict, but they tend to inflate how strict they actually are. Something as minor as that should not be an issue for you. Good luck and congrats! :D