Just finished EMT school unsure of what to do next

rabidrider

Forum Probie
Today was my last day of EMT school. I passed with a 4.0 GPA (going for a AS degree also). I have the letter of completion signed off by a DR for the practical test or competence test. I have also signed up to take the NREMT and or the state license (FL). I was told I would get a letter in a couple of days or weeks saying I am ready to take the NREMT. I probably should have asked but was nervous about the final exam and forgot but where do I go from here to take the test. I assume the info will be in the letter they send me but I hate to assume. Also do I get to pick when I will take the test or will I be told to show up at this place at this time?

Probably a dumb question but I always like to be prepared for what is coming. Even if I am not sure what that might be.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Go to NREMT website and fill out the information and pay. If I remember correctly, the school will send NREMT approval for you to test. Then you can schedule when you'd like to test.

OP
OP
R

rabidrider

Forum Probie
I already did sign up to take the test. My instructor is huge on his first time pass rates (it how he gets graded). He said I should pass with no problem so he paid for me to take the test. I just dont know here or when.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
When you log in to check the status it should say something about waiting for confirmation from the school. Once you get that you'll get an authorization to test. It should all be under the NREMT site.

OP
OP
R

rabidrider

Forum Probie
Thats exactly what it says on the NREMT site. So I guess I just got to wait it out and see. Was just hoping to know what exactly to do next once the confirmation is there as far as when and where so I can make sure I will be there (either way I will be there). I didnt come this far not to finish it. Especially when it is on someone elses dime that is counting on me.

OP
OP
R

rabidrider

Forum Probie
Thats what I was looking for. Just want to be sure all is in order and I didnt missing anything. Nervous as hell but at the same time pretty sure I got this.