July 5-9, 2007 DT4EMS Instructor

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Hello everyone!!

It's that time again :)

July 5-9, 2007 is our next DT4EMS Instructor class. This is the "train the trainer" course for you to be able to go back to your agency and train your staff.

This is an intense 40 hour course. Come see what all of the buzz is about.

email me if you are interested kip@dt4ems.net

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
The DT4EMS™ Instructor Course is a “Doctor Approved” 40-hour course. It is both physically and mentally demanding. We strongly suggest candidates evaluate their physical limitations prior to attending the course.

The first two days of the course will be a DT4EMS-1™ (Initial) Course. These 16 hours may be a review for those who have attended the course in the past. The third day is “how” to teach DT4EMS™. The last two days are all student teaching. In our experience this gives the instructor candidate to tools necessary to prepare for teaching DT4EMS at their agency.

Upon successful completion of the DT4EMS™ Instructor Course the candidate will be able to teach at his/her agency. The candidate in not an employee of DT4EMS L.L.C.

So there is no confusion please understand that all courses must be approved by DT4EMS L.L.C.. Each participant in an approved course must have course materials. DT4EMS L.L.C. does not set the fee an agency charges for any of the courses. The cost of materials (Course Review DVD, Manual on CD and Certificate is $35.00). Certificates may only be obtained from DT4EMS L.L.C. DT4EMS™ is approved for 16 CEU’s in Missouri and Arkansas.

It is strongly recommended the candidate review material on the www.dt4ems.net website and forums. There are several articles pertaining to Missouri Laws, Force Levels, Elbow Control and scene safety. Having a basic understanding will help the candidate with their presentations.

There is homework involved. Candidates in the past have used several methods including the use of a laptop to complete homework assignments. A portable DVD player or a laptop is also a great tool to bring to study material with.

If it sounds as though the requirements are tough, well, they are. The DT4EMS™ Course is designed to help an EMS Provider in four main areas. It is preparing the participant for mental, physical, legal and moral battles when people have to use force in defending themselves.

The fee for the DT4EMS Instructor Course is $399.00 (that adds up to less than $10.00 per hour). The fee does not include meals, travel or lodging.

The course will be held at the Ozarks Medical Center Education Department. The address is #3 Parkway in West Plains, Missouri.

There is a Super 8 hotel across the street that gives a corporate rate for those coming to training in West Plains.

We are so very looking forward to having you!

You may contact Kip Teitsort at kip@dt4ems.net if you have any questions.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
How did it turn out?

Hiya Matt!!

It went great. I couldn't have asked for a better group. I would have liked to have had a larger turnout, but I am very, very pleased with this group.

We had 3 from different agencies around St. Louis and one traveled all the way from West Virginia.

The Doc and I were both very happy with the way they performed at the end of the week.