July 4th plans?

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Only took 2 people to the hospital today, 1 due to DKA and another due to a syncopal episode.

My white cloud persists.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Was going to spend time with my now ex-fiance. But wounds up blowing stuff up instead at the range

hometown

Forum Ride Along
working a 24 0900-0900. Not bad for my second day. I guess it shows that i am willing to work, while another emt decides to call out. sounds like a last min. party invite to me. I cannot complain, my partner took us to a party for lunch, which we got dispatched out of and we went by my house and picked up a plate a piece for dinner. 2 hot meals and a steady day. 5 calls, nothing too crazy, just a lot of miles. First day on the truck and my partner let me drive, maybe it is because we really haven't had a bls call today. my partner is a great medic and a great partner. i have learned a lot even for a private company. i can only hope i am being a good enough sponge and soaking up everything that is put out to me.

I am going to sleep, before we get called out again.
:unsure:

rmellish

Forum Captain
Worked a 48, friday morning to sunday morning. No sleep either night, not many runs during the day, yet I managed to have the busiest truck for both shifts.

Cancelled the fireworks because of the rain, but, got 24hrs holiday pay plus 8 hours overtime and a preceptor bonus. Good weekend for the bank account.

Sail195

Forum Lieutenant
So I got back late last night and I look like a lobster haha but at least we had some great weather in the northeast! Hope everyone had a great weekend and now we are back to the grind (if you wernt already at the grind all weekend!)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Afteraction, uh, "report".

Did semiformal standby/spotting at a commercial fireworks display a friend's brother shot in Roseville, helping keep bystanders out of the firing area, then standing under the falling frags and cinders to stomp the big ones, watch for fires, and afterwards try to pick up every frag by flashlight, in the process discovering that the groundskeeping workers and their familes had snuck in and were under the trees where the hot stuff was falling.
No injuries, no fires. Saw two fledgling hummingbirds and showed a kid what's in an owl pellet.