Job Shirts

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I have a Game job shirt and it has held up very well, with minimal fading of the collar and patches. My only complaint is the cuffs fray and seperate.

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
i have both the straight navy blue and the denim. the striaght navy blue is definatley more sturdy and has stayed looking better longer, especially the collar. the denim collar got all funky after i washed it. the straight denim was also warmer. my company doesnt really care what we wear as long as it looks professional.

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
The 5.11 job shirts with the denim is very fade resistant. The Denim is dark navy any sturdy. This is what my department uses. However, use the input of the crews to determine a uniform suitable for your department.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
I suddenly became fashion concious. LMAO.
LOL! It's just funny to me that someone who is fashion conscious would even consider one of those ugly "job shirts". Those are about the most unprofessional looking things out there, denim or not. They certainly don't scream "medical professional" to me. :lol:

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
LOL! It's just funny to me that someone who is fashion conscious would even consider one of those ugly "job shirts". Those are about the most unprofessional looking things out there, denim or not. They certainly don't scream "medical professional" to me. :lol:

As someone who frequently wears a hoodie over a T-shirt (both abundantly and nicely screened with name and service/logo) with jeans as a uniform, I disagree. There's worse.
That said, I'm not a fan of
1. Job shirts
2. Job shirts with denim, especially.
3. "Matching fire", unless you're both wearing turnouts for extrication.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Good point! Having survived the days of the orange Dyna Med zipper shirts, I am keenly remindful that things can always get worse!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
As someone who frequently wears a hoodie over a T-shirt (both abundantly and nicely screened with name and service/logo) with jeans as a uniform, I disagree. There's worse.
That said, I'm not a fan of
1. Job shirts
2. Job shirts with denim, especially.
3. "Matching fire", unless you're both wearing turnouts for extrication.

hey, I didn't say I LIKED matching fire, and I would have very much preferred a standard navy pullover sweatshirt, but, the job shirt was my option, and what I was trying to say is they had us go with these ones because they match what fire wears. Course, I work in a fire dominated system.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
I work in a fire dominated system.
Dominated is an understatement. Inland Empire is pwn3d by fire. I pray every day that neither I nor my family get sick or injured there (I live there part time).

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Dominated is an understatement. Inland Empire is pwn3d by fire. I pray every day that neither I nor my family get sick or injured there (I live there part time).

AJ, you haven't read many of my posts, have you???? I don't work where I live. I work one county west.... And, if you think the IE is owned by fire, wait til you go west young man.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, no kidding. At least IE tosses the occasional bone to AMR. Riverside is a little better, but not by much. Anyhow, I wasn't attacking you personally. I didn't know where you worked. Just commenting on the sad state of EMS affairs in So Cal in general.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Now Orange County is the place being raped by EMS based fire suppression.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief