Job Search Engines?

3RingCircus

Forum Ride Along
I'm new around here!
I am training to be an EMT-B in Western Mass.
Are there any good job search engines one can use to find EMT employment? Google is a massive let-down in this area it appears :/

I am afraid that I must find employment relatively local to me. I do not have a way to afford a vehicle without employment.
Would my chances of employment greatly increase if I was a EMT-A? I may have the ability to continue my education to that level at this time, so I wonder if I should look into it?

Answers appreciated!

-Lana

Shepard

Forum Crew Member
From what I have found Google and job sites will only get you so far. I'd suggest looking up your local EMS Authority or county EMS dept. and find a list of all the providers in the area. Apply apply apply. Make connections, go to informational interviews.
I can't answer as far as AEMT, but hopefully that's something to go on.

waffleiron

Forum Probie
I check these sites regularly just for fun. All are updated almost daily with new jobs.

indeed.com, monster.com, simplyhired.com to name a few.

EMS in Western Mass there are a few options. Action Ambulance has a base in Pittsfield, County Ambulance is in Pittsfield, Pioneer Valley EMS is in Northampton and Chicopee, AMR is all over the place including Springfield, Baystate Health System in Greenfield. Eascare, Medstar, Vital in Worcester, Medstar in Leominster/Fitchburg, Woods Ambulance in Gardner/Athol. It's feasible to get a job as an EMT at any of those as a new EMT. Medstar is the only place that employs Intermediates, and Pioneer Valley and Medstar are owned by the same people.