Job Interview

mikepud

Forum Probie
I have 3 interviews tomorrow for my first EMT job. I was curious what types of questions are asked and generally how EMS interviews go.

Forum Crew Member
Sometimes you will get situational questions about work relationships and scene calls. Things like: "you witness a firefighter at the scene of a medical aid pocket some jewelry from the PT's dresser. What do you do?" Also: "A female co worker comes to you and says another male EMT was talking to her inappropriately and made her feel really uncomfortable, but she doesn't want to cause any problems. What would you do?" Just be ready to answer those kind of open ended difficult questions.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Figure that by the time you get to your third interview, you'll have it nailed!

If you can, I'd suggest scheduling the interviews so that the job you want most comes last in the line-up. Make your mistakes early in the day!

RackCityEMT

Forum Probie
I just had an interview last week and it was basic questions about being an EMT and to make sure I knew my stuff. Then they just asked real life stuff and examples of how I react to different situations. I must of done very well because I got a call three days later and they want me to join there new hire academy in October.

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not so sure about that. Some will have skills testing right at the interview. Some, not all. Be prepared for just about anything.

Skills testing is a different story. The interview itself is no different than any other job.

RackCityEMT

Forum Probie
Just an update on my interview I passed everything, got the job and I start October 15th.

RackCityEMT

Forum Probie
I wore a nice polo shirt, starched blue jeans, my rodeo buckle and my boots. So kinda cowboy casual if you will.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
You must be from texas...

mc250f

Forum Ride Along
I wore a nice polo shirt, starched blue jeans, my rodeo buckle and my boots. So kinda cowboy casual if you will.

I have an interview saturday for an EMT position, so I was curious which way you went. thinking the casual/formal route myself.

RackCityEMT

Forum Probie
Yes I am very much so from Texas how could you tell? Im just kidding, do you know how your interviews went?