Jet Blue plane with landing gear problems

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Right now there is a Jet Blue plane bound for NY circling LAX with its front landing gear stuck down, FACING SIDEWAYS.

Very scary, I'm watching it unfold on FoxNews.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Nicely done.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah.... but I'm a little dissapointed.... I wanted to see it crash and have a wing come off and burst into flames, so the guys in the tin-foil could save everyone...

:lol: j/k :lol:

jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Sep 21 2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah.... but I'm a little dissapointed.... I wanted to see it crash and have a wing come off and burst into flames, so the guys in the tin-foil could save everyone...

:lol: j/k :lol:

jon
Someone get the Haldol! We got a 302 here!

:p

This is why I will NEVER fly.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I was kinda expecting it to land, the wheel snap off, go hurling through the air and take out some of the airport people that were lining the runway.

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
If the pilots landed more level, I have a feeling the wheel leg would have snapped and the nose would have dived into the runway. I'm still so impressed with them, they kept it on the back wheels for a very long time.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I saw this morning on the news that the passengers had satellite tv and we're watching themselves on the news broadcast. :unsure:

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by Wingnut@Sep 22 2005, 06:30 AM
I saw this morning on the news that the passengers had satellite tv and we're watching themselves on the news broadcast. :unsure:
I saw that too. One of JetBlue's big selling points is that for a low cost domestic carrier, each seat has a seatback video screen.

I'm kinda surprised that the flight crew didn't "suspend" their video feed, but I suppose they had more important things to worry about.

Its amazing that they managed to bring this plane in as smoothly as they did, and both the pilot and co-pilot deserve a big round of applause (and several stiff drinks).

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
I'm kinda surprised that the flight crew didn't "suspend" their video feed

Apparently they did a couple of minutes before landing according to the local news here.

Varma, 23, and other passengers said the plane's monitors carried live DirectTV broadcasts on the plane's problems until just a few minutes before landing at Los Angeles International Airport.

The pilot apparently joked the he

was sorry he put the plane down 6 inches off the center line

Lucky guy, he did a good job

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by DFDEMS@Sep 22 2005, 05:43 PM
Varma, 23, and other passengers said the plane's monitors carried live DirectTV broadcasts on the plane's problems until just a few minutes before landing at Los Angeles International Airport.
Wouldn't that be like watching your life flash before your eyes?

Can you imagine watching yourself crash? :blink: