Items needed to work as EMT in Sac CA

victoria17rock

Forum Probie
First time posting. Not sure what else I need to do in order to work as an EMT in Sacramento CA. The EMS agency is closed or I would call them and ask . Things I have completed so far is EMT course,NREMT,live scan,Med examination,SCEMSA application, then I'm going to take ambulance dmv test. Please tell me what else am I missing? I appreciate all responses! Thank you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
First time posting. Not sure what else I need to do in order to work as an EMT in Sacramento CA. The EMS agency is closed or I would call them and ask . Things I have completed so far is EMT course,NREMT,live scan,Med examination,SCEMSA application, then I'm going to take ambulance dmv test. Please tell me what else am I missing? I appreciate all responses! Thank you.
All the items needed are listed on their website. That will get your your state EMT certification. From there you will need to obtain the ambulance license like you already are in the process. Then find out who is hiring and if there are any additional items that agency wants/requires such as FEMA online courses or HazMat courses.