is volunteering with the public health reserves in WA actually provide much work?

nova7502

Forum Ride Along
will volunteering with the public health reserves in WA help me get affliated in WA/get a hired with a ambulance company?. I am an NREMT.

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
I am not sure, but either way your question puts the cart before the horse. You would still need a visa before you would be allowed to volly in WA, and I am sure that no such visa exists for that purpose.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I am not sure, but either way your question puts the cart before the horse. You would still need a visa before you would be allowed to volly in WA, and I am sure that no such visa exists for that purpose.

Huh? Why would someone from Seattle need a visa?

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh damn. I was taking WA to mean Western Australia. My apologies. Spending too much time on the international forums.

OP, please ignore my post.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
will volunteering with the public health reserves in WA help me get affliated in WA/get a hired with a ambulance company?. I am an NREMT.

I am sure it would not hurt to have on your resume.

leoemt

Forum Captain

I've lived here my entire life and I have never heard of this. The DOH website doesn't mention anything about them either. That said I would assume that whatever organization your talking about would not apply for affiliation as there are no "public health reserves" approved by DOH.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's not an agency that will provide affiliation. You will need to be an affiliated EMT first.

As I say to EVERYONE in the Seattle area, there are THREE places to get a job. AMR, TriMed and Rural/Metro.

GET AN AMBULANCE BLS JOB. That's the ONLY way you'll get enough experience as an EMT to make a difference.

Also, here's the website for the MRC. http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/preparedness/phreservecorps.aspx