Is it easier to get hired for a transport service?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Sorry, unnecessary post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
I worked for a transport service for about the first 9 months of my EMS career. You can kill patient on a transfer truck. Beware of Dialysis pt especially post treatment. Take vitals on EVERYONE.

As a Green EMT its hard to get hired at a 911 service. However about the time i hit 9 months in the field I started having services call me! The service i work for now I had to pursue them for about 3 months. I've been there for about 8 months now and I'm loving it! Still on a transfer truck but in my down time i can ride 3rd out with the ALS trucks or be second truck on Priorty one calls.

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
transport and 911

YES!!! i work full time for a transport service and part time for two 911 services and volunteer for about three 911 services. it was alot easier to get into the transport than into the 911!!! tranports suck but they give you time perfecting the basics and when i work the 911 i get my oh :censored::censored::censored::censored: calls that i love so much!!! i think that everyone should have to do a small amount of time at a transport company because there are some people who go to 911 first and dont even have the basics down!!!