Is anyone familiar with Lenoir Community College Hybrid Paramedic course?

tannercooks

Forum Ride Along
I’m currently enrolled in their Hybrid EMT course and it is going very good. I feel like I am learning a great deal, it’s not a very hard course. Although EMT-B courses are typically not very hard

The paramedic course is similar, 40 weeks long with (5) Mon-Sat onsite visits. It seems to be pretty legit.

I finish my course in August, hopefully I will be able to complete all my NREMT Exams by September. By September I hope to be working in the field.

The next paramedic course starts in January, is that to soon?

Jambow

Forum Probie
I have used them for some con-ed stuff. I am here in NC. I have heard good things about their course

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
use the search button... this has been discussed several times. And not all positive.

MedicFF

Forum Probie
Avoid this program at all costs. The school and staff are not invested in student success, far to the contrary of what they state. Most paramedic sections see less than half of students complete the program. There are several causes for this and few reside on part of the student.

If you want a great hybrid program that is flexible, skilled in providing distance-learning, and conducive to student success, go with Crowder College in Missouri. You will be pleased with the outcome. They are progressive and innovative, now including virtual reality skills training in the program.

Last edited:

Deola

Forum Ride Along
I would also recommend you to avoid this course because all you get there is just a large number of tasks

NightHealer865

Nationally Registered Paramedic
My Fiancé is in it now. She’s doing well and enjoying it. It’s very much a self learn, and self motivated program though. She completed paramedic school previously but could never complete registry due to some personal health reasons so a lot is a review for her. She’s an AEMT which gave her a leg up too.

DrParasite

She completed paramedic school previously but could never complete registry due to some personal health reasons so a lot is a review for her.
As you said, she previously completed paramedic school, it's not like it's a lot of new material to her

I think the online/hybrid method is perfect for a person who needs a refresher (someone who completed paramedic school previously, someone who let their cert expire but wants to get back into it, someone who was a paramedic in another state but couldn't get their new state to recognize it, etc), or someone who already has a general health care education (currently licensed RN, PA, MD, DO, etc). But other than that, I have heard very few good things about this program.

@tannercooks how did your job search go following graduation?

OP
OP
T

tannercooks

Forum Ride Along
As you said, she previously completed paramedic school, it's not like it's a lot of new material to her

I think the online/hybrid method is perfect for a person who needs a refresher (someone who completed paramedic school previously, someone who let their cert expire but wants to get back into it, someone who was a paramedic in another state but couldn't get their new state to recognize it, etc), or someone who already has a general health care education (currently licensed RN, PA, MD, DO, etc). But other than that, I have heard very few good things about this program.

@tannercooks how did your job search go following graduation?

I had no problem finding a job with my local county. I was surprised to get hired into 911 with no experience.

The county I work for will pay for medic school and will pay me to attend school full time. So Lenoir isn’t really on my mind anymore.
Thanks for checking up!!

DrParasite

@tannercooks awesome news!!! assuming your in NC, you will find that you can often get hired into 911 with little to no experience, esp since it's (mostly) and all ALS system, so you are always with a paramedic (and in some systems, function more like a paramedic's driver than an EMT).

as an aside, I used to work with several people who went through Lenoirs programs, for EMT and AEMT... they all passed (they were motivated self starters), but our county (and several others) didn't recognize AEMT or provide a financial bump... and none of them went there for paramedic class... just something to think about.