Introduction thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Instead of everyone starting up seperate introduction threads, why not one main intro thread, where all the old timers can introduce themselves as well and that way anyone new could read through it, learn who everyone is, and introduce themselves?

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
I like the idea.

I do see one prob with it. What about those that introduce themselves then after a day or two are never seen again. The thread could become hugely jumbled with the 'one-hit-wonders'

EDIT: To add to your idea Sasha...

If we do something like that, have a 'format guideline'. Like a survey-type scheme
Level of EMS? (Student, 1st Responder, Basic, etc...)
Age you were when you first started EMS
How long in EMS
What type of service (vollie, county, private, fire, hospital, etc...)
Future education plans
A little about yourself
etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
I like the idea. Get everyone started and everyone can get to know everyone.

I do see the problem with one hit wonder's... But unfortunately its something we just have to deal with.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
This has been used on other forums. It works well.

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Well the one hit wonders introduce themselves anyway, on seperate threads, so at least all their intros would be on ONE thread, not five :p And you can see how many times a person posted under their username, so they could figure it out for themselves.

The main problem I see with it, is it getting buried, but maybe we could have our wonderful EMTLife managment sticky it?

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
I'll jump:
I'm tatersalad, trying hard not to be a one-hit-wonder.

Level of EMS? Student almost (EMT-B class starting January)
Age you were when you first started EMS - I'll be 43
How long in EMS ~0
What type of service - starting with the Vollie rescue squad, EVO training starting 11/8
Future education plans - EMT-I in the fall, medic school after wife gets out of school
I am a software engineer at present.

FR Wrath

Forum Probie
My name is Josh, 22 years old and I live in Alexandria, LA. I am starting my EMT-B class in January as well. Any advice to vets can give to this new-jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.