Introducing Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm 27. Been messing around with EMS for about seven years now and finally decided that Fire/EMS is my calling. I was an Indiana Certified Medical First Responder for four years before moving to Florida. Not being sure if I wanted to do it down here or not, I let my certs expire. Now I wish I hadn't.

I've been looking for some active EMS forums and ran across this one today. I just wanted to say hi and I hope to have some fun here.

Chimp

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Welcome aboard from Southern California. :D

Have you checked about a grace period with your certs? Some states will let you recertify within a certain time frame just by showing the CE credits (not having to retake the entire class) or by retesting.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Honestly, I'd rather go thru the training again. You should have seen me bandage a guy for the first time in three years. It wasn't pretty. :unsure:

Chimp

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Jun 1 2004, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm 27. Been messing around with EMS for about seven years now and finally decided that Fire/EMS is my calling. I was an Indiana Certified Medical First Responder for four years before moving to Florida. Not being sure if I wanted to do it down here or not, I let my certs expire. Now I wish I hadn't.

I've been looking for some active EMS forums and ran across this one today. I just wanted to say hi and I hope to have some fun here.

Chimp
Welcome aboard, it's great to have you!

Many of my partners have college degrees, and most have worked many other jobs before working EMS. It seems that EMS is a calling for many of these people, which I think is great.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you continue to post and participate!

Have a good one, and I'm sure I'll see ya around.