Interview with PRN

You are correct, sir. American (Fresno) ain't half bad neither and for anyone that gaff's, I'm told Air Methods bought out/ is buying out their HEMS division in regards to the helicopters/ pilots.

Air Methods has been supplying Riggs with pilots for sometime now I do believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Air Methods has been supplying Riggs with pilots for sometime now I do believe.
Yes, TMK their setup is identical to ours, hospital-based. As is SkyLife (American/ Fresno).

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
You are correct, sir. American (Fresno) ain't half bad neither and for anyone that gaff's, I'm told Air Methods bought out/ is buying out their HEMS division in regards to the helicopters/ pilots.

Yep, American too. Had the pleasure to work with a few dudes who came from that system. 24K gold.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yep, American too. Had the pleasure to work with a few dudes who came from that system. 24K gold.
They're a pseudo-AMR of the San Joaquin Valley, but in all fairness the wole reason I discovered Hall in the first place.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
From what I was told, their setup is very similar to HALL's in terms of comms & response model.

Damn IAFF to 7 hells.
Ya got me. I almost did a RAL with them, of course we all know almost doesn't count. They have a cool set up, but their protocols are pretty stringent. Most of them seem to kind of schlub around with the similar AMR bop even I was guilty of prior to coming here, but I got no beefs with 'em. They're very well respected and established within CCEMS.

I think I am just a tad envious of their ballcaps, polos, and 1/4 zip pullovers. See?? Psuedo-AMR.

Qulevrius

Ya got me. I almost did a RAL with them, of course we all know almost doesn't count. They have a cool set up, but their protocols are pretty stringent. Most of them seem to kind of schlub around with the similar AMR bop even I was guilty of prior to coming here, but I got no beefs with 'em. They're very well respected and established within CCEMS.

I think I am just a tad envious of their ballcaps, polos, and 1/4 zip pullovers. See?? Psuedo-AMR.

AMR are just parroting the FD attitudes (at least in LACo). I've dealt with AMR Ventura Co & SBCo, they're nothing like that. I think it's safe to blame the hose draggers for everything.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
AMR are just parroting the FD attitudes (at least in LACo). I've dealt with AMR Ventura Co & SBCo, they're nothing like that. I think it's safe to blame the hose draggers for everything.
Some things never change:). Oh and as far as the comm centers, theirs is a bit different than ours. Our ground group is dispatched by our own dispatchers, and fire is dispatched by theirs; county and city being dispatched by the same comm center. The only ones dispatched by ECC (our county and city fire dispatch) is the helicopter services, MV-1, and Mercy Air (14) respectively.

On the other hand, American Ambulance dispatches for both their company and the the county fire services and are collectively known as "Fresno EMS"...for anyone who cares.

It's safe to say that this thread was totally hijacked and sidetracked! [emoji23]

Yeah dude, who cares about PRN anyway. Pfft !

Well... at least they're not Ambulnz.

Perhaps they should combine forces...

I can see it now...

PRN Ambulnz...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
If a two hour drive to Bakersfield is too far, AMR Rancho/Riverside/Ventura are also pretty solid from what I've heard....Anyways.....It's been a little over 3 years since I've worked for PRN, and they've since been bought out by another company and things have changed drastically since when I was there I hear, so I don't think I can offer much. I can say when I applied there many moons ago it was a straight forward EMT quiz, skills was opening an O2 tank and attaching an NRB and putting it on a manikin head and a simple interview and easy peasy lemon squeezy I had a job offer. No clue what the current hiring process is like. However, one thing that hasn't changed is the fact that PRN is a straight forward IFT only company that is almost exclusively non-emergency transports so whatever the new process is won't (well shouldn't) exactly be very difficult. Just don't be an unlikeable knucklehead who brain dumped all your EMT school knowledge and you'll be fine.

Qulevrius

No clue what the current hiring process is like

It's still the same. Add their Kaiser contract (former plus current that they 'inherited' from Bowers), ALS rigs running BLS calls & all other ridiculous LACo stuff. The few good things about PRN is that they're still better than the rest of the funny shoebox-sized 'ambulance' companies, they have a few solid people, there are decent entry-level benefits for F/T employees & their checks don't bounce. A better place than most to get one's feet wet, then inevitably move on. Not a lot to choose from in LACo anyway.

OP, I don't know what your end goal is, but if you can't get on board with AMR or Care, take a gig with PRN. Just stay away from all the 1-800's (and especially Amberlmpz).