Interview questions

Zak

Forum Probie
what are the most interview questions asked and what are best answers ? Anybody can advise

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Why do you want this job?

Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it?

What are three strengths and three weaknesses?

Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?

Reactions: Zak

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The Muse is a great site to follow. Lots of great tips to get you through your career (general career tips).

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
what are the most interview questions asked and what are best answers ? Anybody can advise
The best answers are the honest answers. Don't lie/fib just give them the right answers. The interviewers will see right through you.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The best answers are the honest answers. Don't lie/fib just give them the right answers. The interviewers will see right through you.

This is the truth! I interview new staffers often and it's obvious who's got the stock answers and who answer truthfully.

However, it's a good idea to know what questions you may be asked so you're not blindsided by something like "tell me about a time you had conflict with a team member and how you resolved it".

OP
OP
Zak

Zak

Forum Probie
Why do you want this job?

Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it?

What are three strengths and three weaknesses?

Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?

Thank you CO Medic

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
I think interview questions for the most part are pretty much the same across the board. A couple popular ones were already said. I think its a good idea to look up some popular questions and be prepared with those. Like the other posters have said, just be honest. I've done enough interviews to know when I have someone blowing smoke and when I have someone being genuine.