Interesting call

Dwindlin

Forum Captain
I was thinking migraine to start, than possibly a cerebral aneurysm or CVA.

but it wouldn't be the last two, since the CT scan was negative, and you usually don't deteriorate enough to be transferred from a migraine.

hmmmm

CT's won't show evidence of an acute ischemic CVA for several days. CTs in the acute phase are looking for blood.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If it was House MD: Paraneoplasitc Syndrome".
Brain freeze?

OP
OP
slb862

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
Physical exam nothing noted, no trauma, no recent illness. Her neuro exam was negative.
She babysit 5 days a week.
Her son, 14yo, stated she was fine when he left for school in the AM. Her son came home from school (around 1530), she was sleeping on the couch, he went to his room.
Nothing out of the ordinary for her, she babysits for a 2 yo, which was picked up around 1430, and was told at that time she should seek medical care, because they thought she was not acting herself. (EMS was called at 1930).
She works at home, (babysits). No to CO. Toxins - she has horses and dogs.
No run ins with the law.
Last ate at noonish, left overs from the night before. Nothing out of the ordinary for her.
No one else sick in the home.
Home was a typical home, clean, but lived in. I noted a bottle of, like a G2, a flavored drink with electrolytes, sitting on the table next to the couch.
Since it was a warm day, I asked of she had been drinking plenty of fluids, she stated yes.
Husband an over the road trucker, that is gone up to 3 months at a time, was in Cleveland that day. (I talked to him on the phone). He sounded concerned. Stress in her life at the time, her 18 yo had recently moved out of the home, but stilled lived in the area.
The hospital I transported her to is in a small community (pt. request), I don't think they have an MRI available, unknown if they did a LP.

We are attempting to get an update, as to how she is doing.

OP
OP
slb862

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
Anti-freeze poisoning
As I said, we are attempting to get further information. Let you all know the outcome.

Thanks for letting me share...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Either a suicide attempt, or her son was mad because he gets no allowance, or someone was stupid enough to store a bright yellow fluid that will kill you and tastes sweetish in a bottle that usually contains a sweeting yellow fluid. This scenario smells funny, but it could happen. DAMNED lucky a kid didn't get into it.