informal things to call kids

Mariemt

Forum Captain
A lot of kids want comfort and not cutesy stuff when they are sick even at age 3. Some parents also don't like someone doing the goo-goo stuff to their kids. Kids are now taught early to be on guard for strangers who use some of the words you suggest. If you acknowledge them by their name they may see you as less of a stranger.

Whatever works for you.

I'm glad to work in a small town. I know most of them anyway

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Crib lizard.

Curtain climber.

Yard ape.

Whatever else falls out of my mouth at the time.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I love seeing what people who are still active on the forum said years ago. Necro threads are the greatest!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I love seeing what people who are still active on the forum said years ago. Necro threads are the greatest!

Lol yeah, it threw me off at first when I saw Lucid and Rid had posted :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I can remember being a little kid (maybe 4 or 5) and having to have minor surgery, I think to have ear tubes put in. I distinctly remember lying on the operating table, and the anesthesiologist putting the mask over my face. I complained that it smelled funny, so he told me to "blow the smelly stuff away like Superman." So, I did. Took a HUGE breath in, and blew as hard as I could. I remember taking 4 or 5 breaths before succumbing to the nitrous. :rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If the patient is a baby and can't talk yet I call them baby. If the patient can talk ill normally go by their name. Rarely I will call them buddy, little man, etc. I don't use cutesy names because I don't even like them.

If the patients name is jonny, I'm calling him jonny unless he has a nickname that he wants to go by.