Indiana County, PA

shmukle

Forum Ride Along
I'm currently finishing up my EMT class in Bucks County, PA and will be receiving my license in August and immediately moving to Indiana, PA for school as a full-time student. Does anybody know of any EMS agencies out there and how difficult it will be to get either a volunteer or paid job without any real EMS experience? I'm possibly interested in joining a volly fire department, but I'm not sure where to look or how that would work around school.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic550

Forum Crew Member
Indiana county has one main ems provider. Lifestat ems. they have a few stations through out the county plus a paid transport station near pittsburgh to do upmc transports. Pay is not too great out here for emt-b. 8-10/hr.

Depending on where you live in indiana county you could look at transcare in monroeville for a private transport job. Also mutual aid ems in greensburg.

Frank

OP
OP
S

shmukle

Forum Ride Along
I'm in the Boro of Indiana (IUP Student). I don't really care much about the money, I just want somewhere that I'll be able to use my skills. Do any of those places use volunteers and is it difficult to get a volunteer EMT position?

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
I'm currently finishing up my EMT class in Bucks County, PA and will be receiving my license in August and immediately moving to Indiana, PA for school as a full-time student. Does anybody know of any EMS agencies out there and how difficult it will be to get either a volunteer or paid job without any real EMS experience? I'm possibly interested in joining a volly fire department, but I'm not sure where to look or how that would work around school.

Where at in Bucks are you taking school, Bensalem E.M.S.?