In need of EMT tutor. Long beach, CA.

gunnar

Forum Probie
I have been struggling with the NREMT and need one on one help. i took the class last summer, and went straight to school after the class finished. I passed the class with a B+. I know it's ridiculous i have waited this long, but i need help passing and getting my career started. I need someone who knows exactly how to guide me to pass the NREMT with flying colors.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
JB learning will be a good site. Will help you study for the written.

OP
OP
G

gunnar

Forum Probie
I'll Check it out. Thanks. I also pay per hour for tutor.

PotatoMedic

It will give you practice tests and question banks. And it will explain why an answers is what it is. It will help you identify what you still know and what you don't know. Until you know what you know and don't know a tutor wont be much help.

PotatoMedic

I have not used it but I am guessing it is a test prep site so I would say it is similar.

prairiefire

Forum Ride Along
For me, the value of the test sites was not the questions asked but, rather, the paragraphs that explained, in broad terms the topics in the question.

I used JBL and a couple of apps on my iPhone. Not one site had questions that replicated the style of the NREMT (which I took last month.)

I found Christopher Coughlin's "EMT Crash Course" to be very helpful; it simplified the material by sifting out the minute details that are beyond the scope of what's on the test.

The NREMT web site will tell you the proportion of questions from the potential topics. I found making outlines of things like pregnancy complications, delivery complications, vitals, respiratory issues, and cardio issues to be very helpful.

Good luck. The test will make you feel stupid. But, most likely you will pass.

BlackMedicBabe

Forum Ride Along
is that book out of date, though? it's from 2011?
Dude,my best advice, if you're weak with alot of the material, your best bet is rereading the book again. I reread the entire book, and i passed the 2nd time. But more study advice would be EMT achieve which is $30 but pretty good, but i highly reccomend an app on the app store for apple and android called EMT Reviewit's $10 and gives you hard NREMT style questions with 5, 150 Level 1-5 tests, review, study material and everything you need! In fact, some of the questions in EMT achieve and EMT Review are in the NREMT!!