I'm new here

rhea

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone just found and joined your site. My name is Rhea sounds like (RAY) I just finished Para school and received licences in Oct. Have been working almost two years at our central station as a basic and just received my own truck and partner in Dec. I haven't had anything to bad as of yet seems like the bad stuff happens when I'm off duty. Just thought I'd say Hi and say I've enjoyed reading your posts but what IS an EX ????

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Welcome to the site.. I work with a Dr. Rhea..(same pronunciation) lol

R/r 911

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife!

EX could be "for example".
Or EX could be "ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife".

Can you give us an example of where you saw it?

Pablo the Pirate

Forum Crew Member
hi welocome. im still pretty new here too. i passed my medic in sept so congrats to you in that area. where are you located at?
as for the ex thing, were you refering to a post the other day about 3 in one day? i think that guy was talkin about working cardiac arrests. hope that helps

Para-Devil

Forum Probie
Hello!!

HI from newbie to newbie to this site!!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
You must be talking about MICU, he had 3 patients do the "Feet first discharge" in 1 shift Yikes! :wacko: Welcome and congrats!! :beerchug:

OP
OP
R

rhea

Forum Ride Along
I work in Oklahoma in one of the largest counties for a county service we work 24 on 48 off, our service runs about 19 to 21 calls a day between our five stations.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Rhea,
Welcome, and congratulations on your medic. You've achieved something I never will (by choice), but I'm happy as a pig in poop where I'm at, so it's no problem. Be glad for the lack of activity, and make sure you write us back when the black clouds gather over your head and you become a walking $#!* magnet, running multiple MVA's and codes in the same day. There are sometimes two kinds of EMS days; having bad calls, and waiting for the next bad call. Be glad, and rejoice in your leisure; it won't last forever...lol

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Welcome to the jungle! You have been bitten by the mouth of internet's dysfunctional family. :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the family!

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Welcome Rhea!
I am an EMT B who has been certified for a year, but hasn't worked as one yet. I am going to be moving to DC and I am looking to work there maybe as an EMT...

weretiger13

Forum Probie
Hi Rhea from another newbie. I just passed my paramedic class last week, and am about to start on my internship. Lots of fun. Isn't EMS great?!

weretiger