im new here

stephanie71385

Forum Ride Along
I am currently in EMT school right now. I think its a lot of fun. I am getting ready to go for my clinical and ride along this month. Not sure what to expect. But im excited. I work as a pharmacy tech in the hospital. I am constantly going to the traumas that come in.

I am wondering if anyone know about the protocols for an emt in texas. I am learning everything for San Diego right now. I am moving in January.

I look forward to talking with everyone.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I am currently in EMT school right now. I think its a lot of fun. I am getting ready to go for my clinical and ride along this month. Not sure what to expect. But im excited. I work as a pharmacy tech in the hospital. I am constantly going to the traumas that come in.

I am wondering if anyone know about the protocols for an emt in texas. I am learning everything for San Diego right now. I am moving in January.

I look forward to talking with everyone.

First, welcome to a wonderful EMS forum. You will really like the folks here.

A little advice regarding protocols........... first, get through school. Protocols vary from state to state and agency to agency. When you move, then worry about the specific protocols of the actual agency you work for.

EMT protocols will be fairly simple when you work on an ALS ambulance.

Again welcome and good luck.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Very wise advice from DT4EMS, remember no question is ever stupid and if it is a really big mess, double glove!! Welcome!! :) :) :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome, both of you!

And, as always, some sage advice form DT4EMS.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Welcome Stephanie! Glad to have you here.

FireStrut

Forum Crew Member
Welcome folks. I am new to the EMT field too. Starting this coming Sunday I will start my ride alongs. I have got to do four, tweleve hour shifts and then a tweleve in the ER. Keep us posted on what you are doing and look over the site, there are alot of good info on here.

OP
OP
stephanie71385

stephanie71385

Forum Ride Along
wow you have to do alot. I only have to do 8 hours in the ED and one ride along. I should have those done this month sometime.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
wow you have to do alot. I only have to do 8 hours in the ED and one ride along. I should have those done this month sometime.

That's all California requires. I wish that it was more as well. I ended up doing a 12 hour shift in the ER. It was painfully boring. My 12 hour ride along with AMR was loads of fun and I got paired up with two really sharp & informative guys. I'd love to do it again, but ride alongs around here basically don't happen unless you're a student. :-\

Farkin' HIPAA!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Farkin' HIPAA!

Let's not forget the National Registry, 3 a.m. headcold-I've-had-for-a-week, bad coffee, dispatchers, and partners who snore...:p

(God, I love this job though...)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
My 12 hour ride along with AMR was loads of fun and I got paired up with two really sharp & informative guys.
With AMR?

You jest!
:rolleyes:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
With AMR?

You jest!
:rolleyes:

Yeah, one of the guys is a Paramedic preceptor for our county. The whole day was lots of fun, and we ran an interesting variety of calls.

Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day, y'know. :)