I start my first job as a Paramedic in 1 week!

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
And getting nervous! It will be my first Paramedic job, and I'll be working for a busy ground/air company, starting on the ground ambulance. I am so excited! I have worked years for this day. Am nervous too, since I'll be moving to a whole new city, and starting a whole new life. I want to be a really good new hire, and I hope to be a sponge to all the experienced Medics, Basics and Firefighters I'll be working with. I plan to work hard so I get can the best education on the ground possible so I can start flying in a few years. Any advice from you all is appreciated!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congrats! I hope to be working in a position like yours by the end of the year. I too hope to do flight, but that might wind up being after I get my RN... :p

tydek07

Forum Captain
Congrats on making it to this point! Get out there and save those lives....

Stay safe and keep us informed,

HeyYouEMTGirlie

Forum Ride Along
Excited for you!

Holy cow, I can feel the butterflies just by reading your post!! Sounds very VERY exciting! Are you going to be working through an ambulance company, or through a flight company?

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like you have the right attitude for a new medic. Listen and learn! Don't beat yourself up over the bad calls or when something doesn't go right - just use them as experience and do things better the next time. Feel free to bounce things off others on the forums here. There's lots of experience and education hanging out just waiting to reply to your questions, stories, etc.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
YEA!!!!!! I'm so happy that you are doing well, keep us posted! :)