Just have the written... Bring it on!

:rolleyes:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats! When is the written test?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats! Now it's time to really start reviewing/studying for the written :)

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
its a piece of cake.....have a beer ! (if your 21 of course) lol....

OP
OP
P

pvac

Forum Probie
Congrats! Now it's time to really start reviewing/studying for the written :)

Thanks. I will test this Thursday for NY State. I have noticed many people here take the National Test. Can anyone explain the difference between the NY State test and the National? (in terms of difficulty).

Thanks!!

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure what the NREMT-Basic is like as I was never one. I had an EMT-B state card, did Intermediate school and did NREMT from there.

Study hard, memorize those sheets and don't forget to breath!

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Congrats! :beerchug:

OP
OP
P

pvac

Forum Probie
Written Test

Hi everyone,

We took our written test tonight. I am at a loss for words. Throughout class, I have usually scored in the 90's. My instructor was tough, but very thorough. I learned a great deal about the human body from him. I can't say enough about his methods of teaching.

Unfortunately, the state test had nothing to do with what he taught us for the past six months. The entire class was disappointed with the exam. The questions were either one sentence, or at most two. No scenario's on cardiac, respiratory, nothing reflecting our state protocols. The questions gave no details, and the answers were conflicting. Silly! I think they attempted to dumb it down, but didn't know how to.

Long story short, the state recently canned the agency that developed the questions, we were the class of guinea pigs... Anyone taking the NYS written..beware!