I need some good words of advice for my nremtb computer test i'm takin 2morrow. Pleas

rjbaker06

Forum Ride Along
I'm new to the emt life and want to pass the test so i can get to work. I am read to succeed. N e advice would be appreciated!

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
>.<

Well, review OB emergencies - I had quite a few questions regarding those.

Don't stress and review your book - you will be fine if you have prepared up to now.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Type out words like "tomorrow" and "any" and do check your spelling. Should you, God forbid, pass the test, it will serve you well in your professional life. As for the test, go to sleep. If you don't know it already, you're unlikely to learn it now.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
You should know that you don't need to spell properly to transport someone to dialysis! I recently started organizing the PCRs at my BLS IFT company and I was surprised to see that having horrible spelling/writing is very common at my work.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You should know that you don't need to spell properly to transport someone to dialysis! I recently started organizing the PCRs at my BLS IFT company and I was surprised to see that having horrible spelling/writing is very common at my work.

That needs to be corrected because first lawsuit that comes your way, you're in deep doo doo and will be picked apart by the plaintiffs lawyer so easily.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Always remember scene safety, the National test loves scene safety!!!!

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
Just remember your Medical and trauma assesments, remember LOC then ABC's. Remember with trauma PT's to grab c-spine before ABC's and use jaw thrust to open air way. OB/GYN know the different types of births, breech, limb, prolapsed. When baby's head comes out check for cord around neck then suction mouth then nose. APGAR at 1 min and then 5 min. Know what to do when the vagina is still bleeding after the placenta comes out. Know your shocks signs and symptoms. Know your cold soft tissue injuries. Know what to do with a penetrating object or particles in in the eyes. How to treat an open sucking chest wound, glove hand first then three sided dressing. Seizure Pt's, Storke Pt's. Know your hot and cold emergencies. Know the AED.

Best of luck! Remember to RELAX!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic