I need some advice......

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I really thought the day would never come that I have turn back the clock and retake the NREMT-P exam.

My current employer wants everyone to have their NR. Ironically, I am actually nervous about taking it as I haven't dealt with the NREMT in over 12 years! My biggest fear is over analysis; I know I will be reading into the questions and looking for so much more at a different level than what they are seeking *groan*. If this was a FP-C or CCEMT-P exam, I'd be fine.......................

Sooooooooooo, I am looking for study reference materials (online or text, preferably practice tests) specific to the NREMT style of testing. I have updated texts and I know the information, I just want a taste for the testing style that is but a faint memory in my career so many years ago.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

reaper

Working Bum
Flight,

JBlearning has the best NREMT practice tests. Don't worry, I had to go back and redo mine. I will never let it lapse again!!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
My program has given us copies of the EMTAchieve program. Take a look at it - it is all online practice tests.

http://www.prenhall.com/emtachieve/

The hospital where I did my clinicals gave me a copy of that. I haven't taken the NR yet but their questions are mostly scenario based which is how the NR was for basic so I assume it's similar. It's really been helping me feel more confident that I actually know the material. Another good point is when you review your quizzes and tests it explains any answers so you know why you got it wrong, you're not stuck wondering and paging through textbooks trying to find that information.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Scenario based questions from NREMT will be very limited in the effect of painting a picture of the whole scene. It is purposeful, as good test questions should not contained garbage such as ...it was a rainy day, and you and your partner had just... etc. Who cares? Majority of the questions in given scenarios are direct and will assist you in the answer (if you know what the question is) and eleminate most of the distractors.

For example ..."middle age female, involved in a high speed motor vehicle crash (MVC) that had been entrapped (>30 minutes). Scenarious alike this gives more information than most of those I have read in a lot of the study guides.

R/r 911