I lost a dear friend in a horrific ambulance accident today.

medic417

The Truth Provider

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Condoleneces.

Do you know what happened? The article says the Ambulance went onto th wrong side of the highway?

OP
OP
VirginiaEMT

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Condoleneces.

Do you know what happened? The article says the Ambulance went onto th wrong side of the highway?

I don't know the details yet..The driver who was killed and the crew member that was injured are both members of the agency that I am a member of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Sorry for your loss. It's always sad to lose a good friend. There are no words with which one can describe this loss. Preserve the memory of the good times with your friend in your heart, so is your friend always with you.

I wish you much strength for the next time.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My thoughts are with your coworkers family, friends and co workers.
I know you probably feel the need to talk about this horrible event but I would caution you against saying anything about it here as it could compromise the investigation.
Again I'm very sorry, it could have been any of us.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
My thoughts are with your coworkers family, friends and co workers.
I know you probably feel the need to talk about this horrible event but I would caution you against saying anything about it here as it could compromise the investigation. Again I'm very sorry, it could have been any of us.

I would also caution you about what you say on here until the investigation is complete. If you do post any info on what happened, make sure it is something that has already been made public so you dont get yourself into trouble by accident.

But I am sorry for your loss, there are no words. I lost my best friend a year ago next week. I couldnt imagine losing two. Try to keep your head up and remeber the good times. When your company offers CISM, or anything along those lines, go and attend, it will help. Even if you dont go right away, down the road it will help.

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
I would also caution you about what you say on here until the investigation is complete. If you do post any info on what happened, make sure it is something that has already been made public so you dont get yourself into trouble by accident.

But I am sorry for your loss, there are no words. I lost my best friend a year ago next week. I couldnt imagine losing two. Try to keep your head up and remeber the good times. When your company offers CISM, or anything along those lines, go and attend, it will help. Even if you dont go right away, down the road it will help.

Also, most companies offer EAP to their employees. Even if you do not take part in CISM, or that is not offered to you, EAP is free and you can have up to 6 visits per issue per year. My thoughts and prayers to you, your co-workers and the families of those lost.

hoop762

Forum Crew Member
my thoughts and prayers are with you, your ems brothers, and the families. I lost my partner recently, but I keep his memory close to me. Do the same...and for God's sake, talk to somebody about this. We all hurt for you.

OP
OP
VirginiaEMT

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Also, most companies offer EAP to their employees. Even if you do not take part in CISM, or that is not offered to you, EAP is free and you can have up to 6 visits per issue per year. My thoughts and prayers to you, your co-workers and the families of those lost.

We had a CISM meeting this morning. We are fortunate as we have our 2 of our own spiritual advisors and counselors as well as the local CISM team. I would never post the details on the web but I really don't know much about those anyway, just hearsay, and actually don't even have the urge to know the facts because it doesn't matter now. The fact that 2 people died and another well know EMT was seriously hurt is enough for me.