I just graduated Paramedic school

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
Graduated from Austin Community College. When I pass registry, I will be a Licensed Paramedic in the great state of Texas.

What an incredible 3 years!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Good job

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
Now the real learning will begin.
Good job.

OP
OP
A

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
Three years equals one semester for some pre-reqs while waiting to get into basic school, then one semester of basic, then 5 semesters of Paramedic school.

OP
OP
A

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
Pay attention to what Ginger tells you in Trauma, and practice your skills as much as you can schedule. We start routinely losing students during second semester, so keep up with your schoolwork and studying- time management is key. Don't get caught up in drama, there always is some, just stay out of it. Who is your mentor?

Get your mind ready for Cardiology in third semester- that's when we really separate the wheat from the chaff. Cardiology is also where you get serious return for what you put into it. Work harder than you think you need to. Learn your pedi meds early, it will help a lot later.

Enjoy yourself, it is the hardest thing I have ever done, and the most fun I have ever had.

Luck,

Clay

Last edited by a moderator:

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm lucky to have Don as a mentor.

Thanks for the advice. How much emphasis is put on the textbooks through the semesters? I learned with Carver, that reading was essentially useless, and that his lecture handouts were my best source or studying.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
So you got an AAS in Paramedicine ?