I hereby change my Status from Student to EMT-B

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I am now officially an EMT-B in the State of Maryland. :)

This morning I passed a re-test practical exam problem that my partner messed up in our original practical exam over two months ago. It's really my fault that it's taken this long to do the re-test; I probably could have had it done over a month ago.

In our original practical, our problem involved a patient with an arterial bleed as a result of a motorcycle accident, with no other injurries, but with spinal precautions being necessary. My partner was the lead on this scenario (I was the lead on our medical scenario). While I was holding C-spine stabilization at the head, my partner was securing the patient to the long board with 9' straps, but started the straps too low on the torso. I didn't think it looked right, but I didn't say anything; if I had, at least I would have passed, whether my partner corrected it or not, which would have only affected if he passed or not. So it's just as much my fault that I didn't pass on that day, because I kept my mouth shut.

So I did my retest today, which merely involved securing a patient to a longboard correctly, and I passed. Yay me! :)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Congrats! :D

Waaaait.. was this the NR practical or does Maryland have a separate state practical as well?

Either way, congratulations on passing everything. :D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats!

Does that mean we have to salute you now?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
CONGRATS!!! Good Job

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
fm_emt said:
Congrats! :D

Waaaait.. was this the NR practical or does Maryland have a separate state practical as well?

Either way, congratulations on passing everything. :D
Yeah, MD has its own practical. In fact, they just changed the format of the practical, and my class was the last to take the old format. My station's EMS Lieutenant, who is part of the state EMS organization and was also one of my class instructors, helped write some of the new scenarios for the new practical exam, and from what I've heard, the new test is a lot harder. So I guess that was lucky.

... And I won't stop anybody from saluting, if you really want to! :D

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats. A big "high five" to you.:beerchug: