I got a scholarship

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Its only going to cost me $180 per semester + books to get my associates in Paramedic Science. Excited about going to school, just hope I can handle it with my full-time job. I will be renting a room near the school, so at least I won't have to drive 1.5 hours home after school gets out at 10:00PM.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Its only going to cost me $180 per semester + books to get my associates in Paramedic Science. Excited about going to school, just hope I can handle it with my full-time job. I will be renting a room near the school, so at least I won't have to drive 1.5 hours home after school gets out at 10:00PM.

Congrats love! Woohoo!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Congrats...so no more tower monkeying then?;)

OP
OP
rhan101277

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats...so no more tower monkeying then?;)

I don't climb the towers, I work on the equipment below.

I am at odds with myself but I feel that I need to do Paramedic full time. I don't want someone to really need my help and me be rusty from working part time.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I know ALL about that drive.

I live on the SW side of DFW, and class is on the NE side... hour drive WITHOUT traffic. Already do 200 miles a week for class.

When clinicals start, I'm going to get a hotel room and do my rotations in 3 day intervals. Save gas!

emtbill

Forum Crew Member

I drove 10 hours round trip once a week for 6 months for my ALS program. It'll be worth it in the end and having to work harder than others because of your distance from the school will make you work harder and take it more seriously and you'll probably learn more.

Good luck!

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
That's awesome... can't beat that... unless the Federal government pays for it all... tuition, books, and refund from financial aid every semester ;)