I failed National Registry

emtjen59

Forum Ride Along
I don't know what to study. I am not sure what I need help on. It's the new CBT testing and we just get a pass or fail. HELP

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Take a deep breath and let it out, if I was you, I would sit down and write down the questions that you thought were "odd". Also, what were your strong points when taking tests in your EMT program,and what were the weak ones? Sometimes with NR tests, People will put more into the questions, making their choice for answers harder. Hang in there, take a little break from the "test mode". You will do fine, I hope this helps! :)

WannaBEMT

Forum Crew Member
Jen-

I am so sorry but remember you can retest, and I am sure you will knock em dead next time, now that you know what the test will be like it should be easier to study for it. Like already mentioned, you know what areas you are weakest on...Just study the hell out of things you are not to sure about. Couple things that helped me, the scrap piece of paper they give you with the test, I know I did not have one question that involved me using that piece of paper, so what I did was jot down the questions that I was not 100% sure of. Then when I got done I went back to those and reviewed them again. Please don't be so down on yourself, it is a hard test! You will do better next time, I just know it, and if there is anything I can do to help you study or try to explain something better for you, I will try!

Jenn

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
You may want to contact to see if you can get the break down of your results. For example medical emergencies, trauma, etc..

Schools usually will receive a "break-down" report as well so they can emphasize on points or weak points over all from the students.

I highly suggest review or test preparatory books so you can identify your weaker areas and emphasize on where to study.

Good luck,
R/r 911

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hang in there...Everybody who has replied to your post has offered great advice. The best advice I can give to you is to keep on studying-don't let it get you down. You WILL get it next time. I was in a similar situation as you; I passed the Registry the first try, but failed 1 clinical station, which in turn led to me failing the entire practical portion, and a looong 3 month wait before I could take it again. When I did, I passed! I had alot of support from my FD, my EMT instructor, and the people on these boards. Just remember, we are always toughest on ourselves, you will get it, and when you do, it'll mean that much more to you because you'll know just how truly hard you worked to get it. The struggle to get something we really want just makes it that much more rewarding when we get it. :rolleyes: Good Luck and Don't Give Up! I heard a great saying once that you may appreciate: It's ok to fail....it's not ok to give up B)
Go for it!!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Google for "DOT EMT curriculum" and study that as well. Seriously. It will really help out with some of the more goofy questions.