I don't like blood

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Got my start on the ambulances in Miami in the late 70s and early 80s. Doing body runs for the Med Examiner were also part of our job description back then. We had to train at the ME facility for a few days to learn proper "packaging". The movie "Scarface" was Disney - "G" compared to real life. At one time in the early 80s we had so many bodies, there were refrigerated "grocery" trailers sitting by the ME for storage. Ahhh...the memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I think we all have something that grosses us out. An old line medic in my initial EMT class told us, if its gross, put a towel over it, there's nothing that says you have to look at it all the way to the hospital. Smells are bad, but for me the worst isn't what's coming out of the patient. I've been in some houses where I carry the odor inside my nose for three days after the call!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Once again, I agree with EMTPrincess. Poop can get awfully nasty.

Especially when you're in a SNF and one of the residents drops his pants, plops one on the floor, and then begins flinging it around the hallway.

That's no fun. Thank god for alternate escape routes.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
No that's not bad, bad is when they finger paint with it, and then you see that they are chewing and it's not gum!!! :p Bless their hearts! :)

Artique

Forum Crew Member
I havent even started yet, and I question this too. Its not that blood or extreme traumas sickin me that just shock me to a point were I kinda have to pay attention because its something out of the ordinary. I cant watch faces of death though. I busted that out when I was 16 and had a night marathon thinking we were bad asses found out I wasent. Also I have a hard time with Veins and eyes but seeing as we all have our squimish natures and I will grow accustomed it doesnt pahse me one bit.