I did it! Now I need a job...

snizzle.snoozle

Forum Probie
I posted on here a long time ago that I was starting EMT-B training, and I'm happy to report I've been certified in PA! Woot! Now, I just need to find a job.

Any advice on how to land a position?

feldy

Forum Captain
I dont know much about the PA system...but be patient yet persistent. You will read in other threads that it can take a while to find a job, especially since you have no prior experience (as an EMT). But eventualy youll find one. Good luck.

dudemanguy

Forum Lieutenant
Congragulations

Any advice on how to land a position?

Yeah, more training. The job market is so competitive just being an EMT-B with no other medical education or experience puts you at a disadvantage. Any EMT jobs that are available likely have a big stack of applications filled out for them. Of course sometimes getting a job is just who you know and plain luck.

reidnez

Forum Crew Member
My advice is to be patient. It took me 3 months to get hired. I'm not sure how the job market is in your area, but here there are literally dozens of unemployed EMT's for every open job. There is also pretty high turnover though, as the average basic stays with a company for less than a year. So if you keep turning in apps and making phone calls, eventually you'll get hired. In the meantime, I'd pursue volunteer opportunities or related education/training to pad your resume out a bit.