how to prepare for an interview

tanyakp

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone has been through their interview process and wants to offer me any information about what to expect?:)
Thanks!!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Research the company - look for recent news stories, awards, mission statements, things that set them apart from other companies.

Prepare a list of thoughtful questions you have for them. Do they offer educational assistance? Public outreach/education programs? Opportunities for advancement?

Think about your answers before you go. You can find lots of examples of typical interview questions online. Think about how you would answer these. I've been asked about what my strengths and weaknesses are every time I've ever been interviewed. It's difficult to give a good answer as to your weaknesses without undermining yourself. I think it's best to honestly consider your weaknesses beforehand, but also be ready to point out what you're doing to reconcile them... or at least provide a plan.

I've also found many interviewers ask for stories - "tell me about a time you solved a problem," "tell me about a time you handled an irate patient/customer.."
Think of such stories - specific instances where you shined - prior to walking in.

Following such techniques in addition to the obvious show up early, wear a suit and don't chew gum stuff - I've been offered all but one job I've ever interviewed for... that's out of 9 interviews, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
dress up

firecoins

IFT Puppet

firecoins

IFT Puppet
no problem