How part time does part time go?

Mooha182

Forum Probie
I was considering using my EMT-B I got for volunteering (I am not a military medical person) to help pay my bills and fill my empty house. The conundrum is that I am active duty military and I work shift work already.

I wanted to know generally how little or much I can work depending on my real schedule? I live on an army post (but I am air force) that has a new hospital and a corresponding hospital based ems. Does anyone have experience working for military ems / emergency rooms?

I could ask around but I am really new volunteer and it doesn't sound right for me to be asking about getting a job on day one. It's all great experience, free training, and basically no-commute.

Last edited by a moderator:

feldy

Forum Captain
it really depends on where you work and how they set up their part time/PRN schedules. I work part time/PRN and I have to work a minimum of 6 12 hr shifts per month.

i submit my availabilty usually 2 weeks before the start of the next month and then they will use me when needed. I just cant work more than 3 shifts in a week b/c otherwise they would have to pay me benefits.

If you are looking within the military..that is a whole different ballpark which i am not familiar with at all.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
All my part time jobs required at least 3 8 hour shifts per month.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
If they really like you, they'll work with you. I've had jobs that "required" certain thing... but those issues were waved when I explained my situation... followed by a smile. lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
To maintain my per diem employment I am required to work at least 4 12s per quarter. I work more but that's the minimum.