How Old is to OLD to stay an EMT?

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
I would suggest that as long as you are younger than dead, and you can do the job safely, go for it!

And even then it isn't written in stone. We have a medic in my area who is so old I think he may have died ages ago yet he's still going strong :p.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Women are catty and I have not had any good experiences on duty with women young or old!

Well....You know, uh.. If you've been in this line of work for 20 years, and you've never had any good experiences with females in all of two decades, maybe it's not everyone else's behavior.. Maybe it's you.. I've only run across one legitimate :censored: in my career.. *awkward*

That said, my husband's First Sergeant is 57, he's done three OIF combat tours since 2005. He's the toughest old man I've ever known. He's a leader, he's a motivator, he's a mentor, a teacher.

His value reaches beyond his ability to do his job, he's also a confidant who has life experience that the younger kids don't have. He's emotionally available to the spouses as well. It's going to be a sad day when he retires.

BOSlife

Forum Crew Member
And even then it isn't written in stone. We have a medic in my area who is so old I think he may have died ages ago yet he's still going strong :p.

Very true. I'm 20 years old and sometimes feel underweight of all the experience of the older vets, but other times feel like a fresh new perspective is what this field needs. Some of the older guys may just need to step back and educate, manage, and research (without those 3 things this field is nothing more than diesel trucks giving free rides to the ER)

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
Age really is a number. I see some guys that are 50 that look late 30 and other look close to 70. Depends on how well you take care of yourself.

grump

Forum Probie
If they're horny and in the buggy...Throw em out
at 60 MPH. Shouldn't be there in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

Woodstuck

Forum Probie

Rocketmedic40 U have far to much time on your hands if you have to correct people's punctuation! :p Household6 I can tell you for certain it isn't me! Many women do things on duty that Good women don't! Mak yousband about it?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Stylin'...

Its not my problem that you come across as illiterate.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Rocketmedic40 U have far to much time on your hands if you have to correct people's punctuation! :p Household6 I can tell you for certain it isn't me! Many women do things on duty that Good women don't! Mak yousband about it?

tumblr_lz9pm24k5J1qjemo2o1_500.gif

Veneficus

Forum Chief
it looked like gossiping about "other women" and their moral value based on their choices.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

Does it really take that long to correct 30 words to make sure everything is correctly spelled and punctuated?

To answer your question, do this as long as you love it and want to learn. I would recommend thinking about cross training into dispatch or something just in case you get hurt or want a change in scenery.