How many were in your class

FltMedicRob

Forum Crew Member
Well I finished Medic in July 13

We had 10 people start the class.

2 dropped out around half way.

2 Failed the finals.

Of the 6 of us that passed the course. 3 have tried and passed registry, and all 3 of us are working.

One of the others got a job at the VA Hospital and dosnt plan to take the registry test, and not sure about the other 2.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If these are depressing, try this:

In the late Nineties, a law enforcement academy (not saying where) started a class of about forty cadets. This was after the cursory national background checks, letters to their friends and neighbors, and before Livescan.

By the end of the course, two passed. 2. "Dos". "Swei".

Of the rest, the majority were washed out when their credit histories came through, juvenile court records unsealed, and unreported legal impedimentia were uncovered. Some had warrants! Although it was told to them a bankruptcy was disqualifying, some tried anyway. At least one was a gang affiliate. And the others just failed or quit.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My first EMT class, way back when, started and finished with 16. There was no slacking off in that class. You were there because the fire department SENT you and NOT paying attention or screwing around in class was not tolerated.

When I went back to get my certs back a few years ago, I was amazed at how lax the student's attitude was. EMT started with 40, ended with 23. Medic started with 24 and ended with 20

hogwiley

Forum Captain
We started with 22 in Basic. Of that number I guess around 15 took the final written and practical exams. Don't know for sure who passed or failed that, who passed or failed the NREMT, and who still works in EMS, as its not like we all hung out together and kept in touch.

I know at least 2 failed the practical exam, maybe more, and have no idea who failed the final written, which was shockingly hard for an EMT Basic class. Both were during our very last class and our results were given to us in private by the instructor and we got to leave afterwards, so I don't know the results of EVERY student unless they got their results before me and felt like sharing.

I do know 3 people in my class are now Paramedics, one is an RN, and one is nearing the end of medical school.

heshyh

Forum Ride Along
I did the 5 week class through Monoc in NJ. We started with 28 and ended with 18, losing most before or during medical assessment