How many hours a week to you usually work?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I haven't picked up too many hours recently, but am hoping to work 36+ over the summer to make some extra money.

How many hours a week do you generally work?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
50 - 70 (not in EMS though) :)

For example, it is now Tuesday night. I have worked 32 hours this week so far. YUP, you heard right. But I guess that's why I make "the big bucks". HAHAHAH.

I ride 6 hours every week scheduled, plus whatever pager calls I can get to, and if I fill in dispatching. Then there's the fundraising committee at the Corps and being rescue captain at the FD. All for a whopping $0 paycheck - but I love it!

Summit

Critical Crazy
For the last two months I've been averaging about 100-130 hours a week between EMS, the ski shop, SAR, dive rescue, and class, and had family in town for two weeks. If I've been an *******, that's why. It's slowing down some now.

EMS a normal schedule is 72 or 48 hours per week alternating (modified Kelly).

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Since I "don't do it for the money".. I have to do something that I do for the dough.
EMS:

Week One: 50 Hours
2 Days off

Week Two: 72 Hours
3 Days off

Week Three: 48 Hours
2 Days off

Print Shop: 16 hrs/week
I have one of those signs "I may be here, I may not be, but I could be here then too, etc..." :p

We have an 'in station' crew so, as long as the rig is clean, stocked, able to be run; and as long as there is nothing to do at the station. I stay on my lil laptop here and search away. This is Week One, rotates around in odd orders to keep everyone from burning out. We are semi-rural; we may have ten runs a day. We usually have at least two or three; sometimes none at all. :blink: Gets boring then.

SCEMT-B

Forum Crew Member
Depends on how many call outs we ahev, but I ussualy work anywhere from 50 to 60 hours a week

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
This week is a killer -
Security/EMT - 24
EMT for Private - 30+
Vollie - 13
School - 24 (Inc. teaching CPR)

91+ hours this week.

Usually I've got 8-16 for clinical and 16 for school. I usually work anywhere from 24 - 42 hours as security/EMT a week, depends on whe the first shift guy doesn't feel like working.

Jon

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
70-80. this week, next week. every week. thats working for the service, teaching on the side and some volunteer work i do as well.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Between the kids (including my husband :p ), finishing my degree, teaching CPR, real estate, and keeping the apt up, I think I work 24 hrs a day :rolleyes: